Sep 16, 2011

TGIF (3)



TGIF @ GReads is a great way to meet new bloggers. Feel free to leave me a comment and I'll be sure to pop over to your blog and follow you back!

This Friday's Question:

Book Disappointments:
Have you ever come across a book you were so stoked to read, but it failed miserably in your eyes? 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly this is the disappointing reality of avid readers (like me). Most recently, a book that horribly disappointed me was Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison, and I said as much in my review. I'm a huge fan of Arthurian legend, and Tristan and Iseult have this amazing story, which I felt was botched horribly in this adaptation.

Another one that fell flat for me was Elizabeth Eulberg's Prom and Prejudice. Her adaptation of Pride and Prejudice was just ... wrong. The characters were unbelievable and the plot so contrived. I get that it's a remake, but I felt she never owned her own characters. They got stuck in this weird limbo of being original and carbon copies of their predecessors.

3 comments:

  1. I, too, was very disappointed with Tris & Izzie, especially after seeing that beautiful cover! It could have been soooo good, too. :(

    Happy TGIF!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tris & Izzie did the same thing to me. I was so excited by it, but I ended up not even being able to finish the book. There's so much that could have been done with the legend, but this book wasn't the one to do it.

    I'm a new follower through FF! Check out my TGIF post over here if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard Tris and Izzie not being that good for a lot of people so your not alone =)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!