Oct 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (15)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. This allows people to showcase the books they cannot wait to get their hands on!

This week my pick is....
The Way We Fall
by Jill Hathway

Goodreads Blurb:
When a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn’s community, the government quarantines her island—no one can leave, and no one can come back.
 
Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.
 
Because how will she go on if there isn't?

Why I want it:
I love apocalytpic books/movies/shows. Seriously. I have this huge fascination with things ending, and how people will rebuild or cope. There's something about breaking a civilzation down to its base and starting over that really intrigues me. This looks like it'll be a great thriller to curl up with this winter!

The Way We Fall will be released 1.24.2012 from Disney-Hyperion

5 comments:

  1. Haha you and me both. Anything dystopian and or apocalyptic is right up my ally :) This one sounds amazing! I'll be looking forward to it!

    My WoW:http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books and not enough years in a lifetime to read them all :-)
    Good pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this when it comes out. I love books where a virus kicks off the apocalypse ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right with you there! Apocalyptic reads are always fun and this one sounds awesome. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there,
    I don't usually read thrillers, but with all the great ones coming out recently (especially in the YA genre) they're popping up more and more on my radar. This one looks great and I'm with you about how it's interesting to see how people deal/rebuild when everything's been tore apart.
    Hope you have a great one,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!