May 7, 2012

Book Blogger Confessions (8)



This is a shiny, new blogger meme co-hosted by Tiger from Tiger's All Consuming Books and Karen at For What It's Worth Reviews. It's time to open up and share (and vent) about our blogging experiences!

The question is:

May 7: Comments. The holy grail of blogging success! What type of posts do you leave comments on? How do you try to encourage more comments on your blog? Do you respond to people who leave comments on your posts? How do you handle negative/spam comments? Do you use captcha?

Honestly? I mostly comment on reviews and memes, and if it's a meme, it's one I'm participating in. I comment on reviews that strike my fancy. I also comment on the blogs of people who reply/comment to my reviews. If someone can take the time to comment on my reviews, I can do the same. When I host giveaways, I often award bonus entries for people when the comment on one of my reviews.

As far as negative comments, I don't think I've ever really had any. I've had a few spam comments, but I just delete those. It's not like I get spammed with spam.

Captcha irritates me. I'm less like to comment on someone's blog if they have captcha. Maybe it's laziness, but captcha just bothers me. I also have a hard time understanding it 80% of the time. I don't have it here. I turned it off a year ago and it would take a massive amount of spamming to get me to turn it back on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!