Jun 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (44)



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting to get into our hands.



This week I'm waiting on....

By: Morgan Rhodes

Summary:

Love, power, and magic collide with war in the second book of the Falling Kingdoms series

Auranos has fallen and the three kingdoms—Auranos, Limeros, and Paelsia—are now united as one country called Mytica. But still, magic beckons, and with it the chance to rule not just Mytica, but the world...

When the evil King Gaius announces that a road is to be built into the Forbidden Mountains, formally linking all of Mytica together, he sets off a chain of events that will forever change the face of this land, forcing Cleo the dethroned princess, Magnus the reluctant heir, Lucia the haunted sorceress, and Jonas the desperate rebel to take steps they never could have imagined.


Why I Want It:
I have never been a fan of fantasy. It overwhelms me, mostly. I think of fantasy and I see sweeping epics that are thousands of pages long with a lot of characters that I frequently confuse.

When I read Falling Kingdoms last year, imagine my shock that not only did I enjoy it - I loved it. Morgan Rhodes immediately drew me into the story and I cannot wait to escape back into this world.

Feel free check out my review of Falling Kingdoms
http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-falling-kingdoms-by-morgan-rhodes.html

Rebel Spring will be released from Razorbill Dec. 3, 2013

6 comments:

  1. You told me I really need to read Falling Kingdoms Hannah. There may have even been some veiled threats mixed in. I will get to it, I PROMISE! I'm typically not a huge fan of fantasy either (yes to being overwhelmed), but if you say read it, then that's what I'm going to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read Falling Kingdoms, but I absolutely LOVE the cover of Rebel Spring. Everything about it is amazing.
    Nice pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to fit in FALLING KINGDOMS, but I will read it one of these days. Great choice, I hope this one lives up to the first book!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so adore fantasy but (and don't kill me), I really don't remember Falling Kingdoms! Did I love it? Hate it? DNF it? I CAN'T REMEMBER!! Guess that means I need to read it again. Because the cover and blurb for this one really make me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy of Falling Kingdoms checked out from the library and have read the first couple of chapters. So far it's pretty awesome. I love the cover of this. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice. :) I've heard really good things about Falling Kingdoms, though I still have to purchase my copy.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!