Apr 11, 2014

Review: Something to Talk About by Julie Harrington

Title: Something To Talk About
Author: Julie Harrington
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Publication Date: 4.18.2012
Pages: 224
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Series: No
Source: Purchased ebook

Rating: 4 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
Born-to-be-bland meets born-to-be-wild...

Annabelle Leahey is ready to be bad. Fed up with quilting bees and bridge clubs, Ann has to change or grow old alone. But going from bashful to bold won't be easy—especially since thong underwear is her idea of risqué. So Ann needs a guide, and rancher Mitchell Black is the perfect candidate.

The last thing Mitchell needs is more trouble. He hasn't lived down his bad boy days yet and he has no intention of resurrecting them now. But when Ann asks for his help, he can't refuse. Especially since the preacher's daughter has suddenly become a fireball of temptation.

Mitchell's determined to keep his role in Ann's research hands-off, but Ann has plans of her own. She intends to show Mitchell what's he's missing—and that being bad with the right person can be o-o-o-oh so good.

Review:
Let me start by saying that I have known Julie Harrington for over a decade in some way or another. I’ve read her work and was a fan, but before you think that means I would give SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT a little leniency, you’re dead wrong. Quite the opposite. Because I know what Harrington is capable of with her writing, I held her to an even higher standard than I would another author.

And she rose beautifully to the occasion.

Oh, Ann. Poor, sweet Ann who wants desperately to shed her goodie-two-shoes image and just be a bad girl for a little while. After losing her mother as a child and then her father when she was barely an adult, she’s been thrust into the role of caregiver for better part of a decade. Watching her wake up and take control of her own life was exciting and amusing all at once. I loved watching her with Mitchell from innocence to innuendo, these two thoroughly entertained me.

The only faults I could find with this book were that I wished the secondary characters has been expanded more (but I shall forgive this fault if Harrington gives Dillon and Justin their own books) and there wasn’t anything that shocked me with this book. But it is a swoony, sweet read that I devoured in a day.

Harrington has a gift when it comes to writing. From the bar room brawl in the beginning that had me chuckling aloud to the oh-so-steamy moments later on that had me reaching for some ice water, I was happily along for this journey. Definitely not a book to be missed!
Buy: Amazon

1 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reviewing my book. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!