May 19, 2014

BEA with HarperTeen

In case you missed it, BEA (BookExpo America) is next week.

Next freakin' week.


I am so excited to see what my favorite publishers have coming up, but to give you a tantalizing little preview, I bugged begged my friend Alison Lisnow at HarperCollins about what we could expect from their booth this year.
 
         1. How many years have you attended BEA?

This year will be number three! I wonder if that gets me into a secret BEA society or something…? DM me if you have info on that. 

2. How do you think BEA compares to other conferences?

BEA doesn't mess around with cutsie themes. The theme is books. The other theme is America. Question answered. 

3. How much planning goes into BEA for you and your coworkers?

It's no coincidence you can't spell beast without BEA. But, it's always so worth it in the end. We all look forward to it every year!

4. Any suggestions for how attendees should approach people working the booth with questions? (My first year I stood around until someone took notice on me and approached me first, LOL.)

I think we're all a pretty friendly bunch, so hey or hello is always good. I'll be your friend immediately if you compliment my eyebrows. 

5. Are there any titles you're excited about from HarperCollins that will be at BEA? 

         Yes! So, so excited about ENDGAME by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton. Endgame is coming, y'all (seriously, you have no idea how awesome this one's gonna be). Also, obviously I'm psyched for the FOUR: A DIVERGENT STORY samplers. Duh. Definitely be sure to keep an eye out for FALLING INTO PLACE, THE JEWEL, and MESSENGER OF FEAR. They are some of the biggest, baddest titles of Fall 2014, and you would be a fool to miss out on grabbing galleys. And you can quote me on that. To myself. If you come to the HarperCollins Booth (#2038 & 2039). See you there!

I know I'll be popping by the HC booth, make sure you do, too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the Jewel! And dropping by the HarperTeen booth at BEA is always crazy, but fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! *falls down dead*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for next week! I'm also eager to get Jewel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH It's insane that BEA is next week! I'm for sure stopping by the HarperTeen booth, which I'm sure will be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!