May 20, 2014

Review: The Dark World by Cara Lynn Shultz

Title: The Dark World
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Publication Date: 5.27.2014
Pages: 304
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Series: Dark World #1
Source: ARC from publisher

Rating: 5 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
Paige Kelly is used to weird--in fact, she probably corners the market on weird, considering that her best friend, Dottie, has been dead since the 1950s. But when a fire demon attacks Paige in detention, she has to admit that things have gotten out of her league. Luckily, the cute new boy in school, Logan Bradley, is a practiced demon slayer-and he isn't fazed by Paige's propensity to chat with the dead. Suddenly, Paige is smack in the middle of a centuries-old battle between warlocks and demons, learning to fight with a magic sword so that she can defend herself. And if she makes one wrong move, she'll be pulled into the Dark World, an alternate version of our world that's overrun by demons-and she might never make it home.

Review:
This is one of those reviews where I'm going to be doing a lot of this:


And maybe some of this:


Because Logan Bradley is ....



Here I go again.

It's no secret that Cara Lynn Shultz is one of my favorite authors ever. She wowed me with her first series and when she assured me I would love Paige and Logan more than ... who was that other couple* in the first series? Well, I had my doubts. But they were quickly smashed because this book is amazing.

Shultz has a fantastic voice for storytelling. Paige is a genuine, authentic teen with a bunch of sass and a heart. Her internal ramblings cracked me up.

This book is full of high energy fun, lots of action, tons of swoony moments, and is one of the best books I've read in months. I feel like I've been waiting years for this book and I can easily read and re-read it until the next one in the series is in my hands.

It's so hard to write this review, because I just can't put into words the warm, glowy feeling this book left me with. I devoured this book. I couldn't put it down if I tried. Not that I wanted to. It's just ... Read it. Feel the magic for yourself.



*Just kidding - Paige & Logan didn't make me forget Emma & Brendan. Just gave me another couple to love.
Buy: Amazon

4 comments:

  1. LOL! "I must have you!" Yep. Love book boys like that. Logan plus an awesome story and great cover means I need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you loved this one, Hannah! I'm starting it today, and I am SO excited to see a 5-star rating from you. Paige sounds like a wonderful, powerful protagonist to follow, so here's to another great book from a fantastic author! Lovely review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing!! Like something that I will absolutely LOVE. I've never read any of Cara's books before, but it sounds like I'm missing out! Already added this to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I read her first book, but I haven't read Spellcaster yet. This one is in my TBR list for sure, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!