Aug 14, 2014

Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Publication Date: 8.14.2014
Pages: 339
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #3
Source: ARC from publisher

Rating: 5 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.

Review:
This is it. It’s here. After years of waiting, countless page refreshes for status updates on Goodreads, it’s here.

Can we all take a moment of silent reflection for ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER and the amazing Stephanie Perkins?

…..

OK, good. Now let’s talk about this, but first, let’s go back to the start:

Anna and the French Kiss: My first Perkins novel. The book that stole my heart. The book I forced friends to read long before I was blogging, pushing it like a dealer on a street corner.

Lola and the Boy Next Door: Hmm. OK. Not quite my kind of book, but it was still full of brilliant Perkinsisms and fantabulousness.

Isla and the Happily Ever After: Do you hear those angels singing? Do you? DO YOU???? Because this book is made of perfection.

From the hilarious start to the happy tears at the end, Perkins has truly outdone herself. This book was pure, unfiltered magic. Josh and Isla’s romance, which was years in the making, could not have been done any better.



See? I’m even pulling out the Logan Echolls’ GIFs here.

The story of Isla and Josh is epic—spanning years and continents, turmoil, heartbreak, love, and everything in between. It’s is a breathtaking journey that Perkins takes us on, and I, for one, loved the ride.


This was worth the wait.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait. I highly enjoyed the first two and am thrilled that it lived up to its promise, especially after all the author went through while creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much hype for this one, Hannah, that I'm terrified I'll end up hating it and being the only one! I love that you loved it though, and if it's half as good as ANNA, count me in! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received in the mail and I can't wait to read it!!!! I freaking love Perkins :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!